HOW DOES YOUR ORANGE COUNTY DMV HEARING WORK WITH THE DUI COURTS?
1. You only have 10 days from the date of your arrest to request an Administrative Per Se Hearing, or DMV Hearing, from the DMV or your license will be automatically suspended.
2. The DMV Hearing is strictly an administrative procedure by the DMV that only affects your driving privileges. It is entirely separate from the criminal case taking place in the Orange County Superior Courts.
3. Even if you were acquitted of charges or all charges were dropped in the criminal case, the DMV can still suspend and revoke your license at the DMV Hearing. Therefore, it is important to have an Orange County DUI Attorney on your side to handle the DMV Hearing and protect your rights.
4. On the other hand, if you have been found guilty for a DUI in a court of law, a knowledgeable Orange County DUI Attorney can still protect your rights at the DMV Hearing and fight to get all driving privileges restored.
5. Most importantly, you want an Orange County DUI attorney fighting for you that has knowledge of multiple defenses and has helped hundreds of clients get the best results at the DMV Hearing.
WHAT HAPPENS AT A DUI DMV HEARING?
If you are arrested and charged with driving under the influence (DUI) with a BAC above .08 in Orange County you will need to request a DMV Hearing within 10 days from the date of arrest. It is essential that you call an Orange County DUI Attorney at once to represent you. The law allows you to contest the revocation of your license at a DMV hearing. If you fail to make your hearing request within the 10 day window the DMV considers you to have waived your right to a hearing and your license will automatically be suspended.
HOW LONG WILL MY LICENSE BE SUSPENDED?
The suspension time is dependent on your previous driving record. It is affected if you have previous DUI arrests and comparable convictions on your record in the past ten years. Included in the determination of length of suspension is whether you were currently arrested for refusing a blood alcohol content test, such as a breathalyzer or blood test, or if your test was over the legal limit of 0.08% BAC. Also, if you were arrested but not convicted of either of these offenses in the previous ten years, the current arrest will only count as the first offense and the suspension will not lengthen due to a prior history.
Your license can be suspended for one to three years if you refuse to take a blood alcohol content test and have a history of prior DUI arrests and were found guilty. A DUI Attorney in Orange County is your best possible representation in contesting any of the charges against you.
Choosing the best Orange County DUI Lawyer is too important of a decision to hire just any attorney. All we do every single day is work and fight to get charges reduced or dropped, and to get your fines and penalties significantly reduced.
Call our office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 714-676-5554. Take advantage of our free and confidential consultation with an experienced, winning Orange County DUI lawyer.
I was arrested for a DUI and was in shock during the whole experience. I immediately called Seyb Law Group and Spencer told me about the DMV Hearing that I completely forgot about. He requested a hearing and after was able to get no suspension on my license. Spencer even got all charges reduces and I didn’t face any jail time. I’m so happy I chose Seyb Law Group to represent me.Rebecca J. Irvine, CA.
Seyb Law Group has significant experience defending DUI and alcohol related crimes and we’ve helped hundreds of Orange County residents get their DUI charges reduced or even dismissed.
We will protect your rights and not stop until we have secured your freedom and gotten you the best possible outcome!
You can call us directly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 714-676-5554.