Have you Been Arrested for Driving Under the Influence of Drugs in Orange County?
Have you been charged with a DUI for drugs, DUID? If so, here are 5 important things to consider when looking to protect your rights and future in Orange County after a DUID.
1. You only have 10 days from the date of your arrest to request an Administrative Per Se Hearing from the DMV or your license will be suspended.
2. In Orange County, if you are convicted of a DUID, the penalties are the same as an alcohol DUI. You could not only lose your driver’s license, but also have to pay considerable fines, spend time in jail, and deal with other consequences as ordered by the court.
3. You want a lawyer in Orange County who will fight for you, has won numerous DUID cases, and who has devoted his practice to defending those charged with DUI’s and other criminal offenses.
4. You want a lawyer who offers competitive rates, will start with a small down payment, and offers affordable payment plans to help you through this tough time.
5. Most importantly, you want a lawyer in Orange County with an outstanding DUI dismissal rate.
Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
California Vehicle Code 23152(a) makes it illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. “Drugs” is defined as any substance, other than alcohol, which affects your brain, nervous system or muscles. Driving under the influence of drugs is considered a crime regardless of whether the drugs are illegal drugs such as heroin, prescription drugs such as Xanax, or over-the-counter drugs such as NyQuil.
Like a DUI with alcohol, DUI of drugs is a misdemeanor in California. But the offense can be filed as a felony if it’s a fourth DUI offense, you have a prior felony DUI conviction on your record, or it’s a DUI with injury. The consequences for a DUI are the same regardless of whether it’s a DUI with drugs or alcohol, but the penalties will increase depending on your criminal record and past DUI convictions.
Choosing the best Orange County DUI Lawyer is too important of a decision to hire just any attorney. All we do every single day is work and fight to get charges reduced or dropped, and to get your fines and penalties significantly reduced.
Call our office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 714-676-5554. Take advantage of our free and confidential consultation with an experienced, winning Orange County DUI lawyer.
I was charged with a DUI for driving under the influence of drugs. I hired Seyb Law Group to represent me and I’m so glad I did. Spencer knew exactly what to do, and after working hard on my case and hiring experts to testify on my behalf, my case got dropped to reckless driving. The entire law firm is amazing and if you have been arrested you should seriously think about hiring Seyb Law Group.
Natalie D. – Fullerton, CA
Seyb Law Group has significant experience defending DUI and drug related crimes and we’ve helped hundreds of Orange County residents get their DUI charges reduced or even dismissed.
We will protect your rights and not stop until we have secured your freedom and gotten you the best possible outcome!
You can call us directly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 714-676-5554.