Facing criminal charges can be a frightening, nerve-wracking, and stressful ordeal. You’re on the verge of losing your license, your reputation, your right to vote, your job, and most important of all, your future. Your life has been thrown in disarray all of a sudden, and if you don’t act quickly, you could face time behind bars. And this is your biggest nightmare.
Here at Seyb Law, we know that when your future is at stake, winning is the only option. And winning is what our Riverside criminal defense lawyers have done over and over, in all types of criminal cases, against the fiercest prosecutors, and against all odds.
Let us protect your rights from the unforgiving “Three Strikes” sentencing law, the uncompromising Riverside justice system, the dynamic California Penal Code, and any other roadblock that may stand in your way of freedom.
When your world is falling apart due to a criminal charge, when your career is hanging by a thread, when you need a lifeline, you can count on our skilled Riverside criminal defense attorneys to come through for you. (714) 594-5382 is the magic number.
Why Choose Seyb Law?
- We don’t bluff. We don’t over-promise and under-deliver. When we say that we can get you off the hook no matter the type and severity of your criminal charges, we mean it.
- Our Riverside criminal defense lawyers have more than 60 years of combined criminal defense experience. This gives us a huge advantage in the pursuit of justice for our clients.
- Our fees are very affordable. When hiring us, you don’t have to break the bank to get proactive, competent, and timely legal representation.
- Whether you have been arrested for theft, DUI, drugs/possession, domestic violence, hit and run, juvenile crime, sex crime, felony, or anything in between, we are your trusted ticket to freedom.
- Our local experience is unmatched. We are present in the Riverside County Superior Court every single day defending our clients. This local familiarity and experience is a critical factor in getting excellent outcomes in court.
- We provide consistent, reliable, and honest communication at every stage of your case.
- We don’t coil our tails and retract when the going gets tough. We fight relentlessly in court to keep your criminal history intact and get your life back on track the soonest.
- Our track record speaks volumes about our expertise and dedication to defend our clients. We have won several hundred cases, obtained acquittals, and reversed wrongful convictions throughout Riverside.
Riverside Criminal Penalties Can Be Harsh, Depending On The Crime
If you live in Riverside County, you face particularly harsh penalties if you’re convicted of a crime. Of course, this depends on the severity and type of the offense, but even then, the Riverside criminal justice system will still try to compound your misery.
Other considerations come into the picture too when penalties are being imposed, including whether or not you have a criminal history. To say that your choice of a Riverside criminal defense lawyer is critical would be an understatement.
Fortunately, if you secure the services of a criminal defense powerhouse like Seyb Law Group, you can relax knowing that your chances of acquittal or charge reduction have shot up several folds.
Crimes in California are divided into three categories: Infractions, misdemeanors, and felonies. Here’s a lowdown on all three:
- Infractions: If you’re charged with an infraction, you will be typically required to pay a fine and won’t face further punishment. Infractions are the least serious criminal offenses in Riverside, CA. Minor traffic tickets and noise violations are the most common examples.
- Misdemeanors: This type of criminal charge carries up to a year in jail and a $1,000-$2,000 fine. Common examples of serious misdemeanor charges in Riverside include shoplifting, solicitation of prostitution, as well as some domestic violence and DUI charges.
- Felonies: This is the most serious type of criminal charge in Riverside. If you’re convicted of a felony charge, you might end up serving serious prison time. Or you could incur a hefty fine. Or both. However, some felonies attract probation or parole. Arson, rape, burglary, kidnapping, murder, and robbery are the most common examples of Riverside felonies.
Beyond the significant jail time and heavy fines, a criminal conviction on a Riverside felony charge can have serious life-long ramifications. It can prevent you from holding certain jobs, renting apartments or obtaining loans, retaining your immigration status, and can ruin your reputation with family, friends, and colleagues. You can avoid all this mess by hiring a trusted Riverside criminal defense attorney the moment you’re confronted by law enforcers.
The state of California has another criminal law up its sleeves: The “Three Strikes” Law. And it’s the harshest out there. This scheme imposes a mandatory sentence of 25 years to life in prison when a person has two prior convictions that are considered “violent or serious” under California Law.
While some violent crimes like assault with a firearm, rape, and murder are obvious “three-strike” crimes, you’d be surprised to find out that many other, far less serious offenses can be strikes. In fact, under certain scenarios, any felony can be considered a strike.
Some of the most common strike offenses in Riverside include:
- Attempted murder
- Assault with a deadly weapon
- Tax fraud
- Residential burglary
- Sex offenses
- Any felony committed while armed with a firearm
- Any felony where a victim suffers immense bodily harm (including DUIs)
- Any felony committed in association with a street gang
If you’ve been charged with a “three strikes” crime in Riverside, CA, it is absolutely critical that you contact an aggressive and skilled attorney as fast as possible. You need to avoid conviction at all costs. And the only way to do that is by hiring an experienced Riverside criminal defense attorney who knows too well that an arrest is not the same as a conviction.
Hiring a Riverside Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Alleviate Some of the Stress
When you’re charged for a crime, you likely have conditions placed on you as if you were a kid—your mobility is curtailed, you are unable to spend time with your loved ones, and so on.
Your family, friends, and employer may know about your situation, or maybe not, but either way, it’s affecting your relationships and general mental well-being. All this for something you did not do, or for something that you may have done but has been blown out of proportion. You’re incredibly stressed, and the whole situation is driving you crazy.
You don’t have to wither this emotional storm alone. Hiring the right defense attorney early on in your case can help relieve a lot of the anxiety, stress, and uncertainty that come with being charged for a crime. At Seyb Group, our defense lawyers—Spencer Seyb, Nathan Gjesdal, and Alan Spears—understand the emotional weight that criminal charges can have on an individual.
We hate it when we see accused persons battling feelings of guilt and anger. And we wouldn’t want that for any of our clients. That’s why we’ve tailored our legal defense strategy around giving each client peace of mind, reassurance, and hope. Whether you’ve been arrested for assault and battery, DWI, sex crime or anything in between, count on us to hold your hand every step of the way.
Defendants With Hired Counsel Have Better Court Outcomes
Under the current Riverside justice system, indigent defendants (those who can’t afford private lawyers) have a right to an assigned counsel or public defender. “Assigned counsel” is a fancy name for a licensed attorney selected by the courts to handle specific cases.
While this is a thoughtful move by the courts, it doesn’t benefit defendants in the long haul. Both public defenders and assigned counsel often juggle hundreds of cases simultaneously, thus lacking enough time to actually meet with clients. Not to mention the inadequate litigation resources at their disposal.
As further shown by a 2014 paper in the American Law and Economics Review, most of the assigned attorneys are in it for the money, not because they care about or believe in their clients. Ultimately, what these poor defendants get is a set of unfavorable outcomes (which could mean lengthy jail terms or heavy fines).
All things considered, hired counsel is far better than both public defenders and assigned counsel. They tackle each case with unmatched dexterity and resilient dedication. After all, they don’t have nearly as many cases as their public counterparts.
In addition, hired Riverside criminal defense attorneys:
- Have the legal knowledge and experience needed to navigate the ever-changing California justice system.
- Have front-row access to diverse and quality legal resources
- Can take care of all the legal paperwork from start to finish
- Know what “the other side” is up to
- Keep things moving along quickly
- Can save defendants a lot of money through fee negotiation, fines reduction, etc.
When facing criminal charges in Riverside, CA, who would you rather have in your corner? An ever-busy public defender, a money-minded assigned counsel, or a hired defense attorney who’s got your best interest at heart? The answer seems clear. Hire a seasoned Riverside criminal defense attorney today if you want to increase your chances of winning in court.
Fighting & Winning Criminal Cases Is Our Forte
At Seyb Law, we give each criminal case the attention, sobriety, and expertise it deserves. Our legal defense team is comprised of three diversely talented attorneys, all at the peak of their careers. No criminal case is too big or too complex for us to handle. And if we cannot convince the presiding judge to drop a case forthright, we turn to plea bargaining, where we utilize our top-notch negotiation skills to persuade to get the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Our Riverside criminal defense attorneys regularly handle cases involving:
- DWI: Conviction on driving while intoxicated (DWI) can literally ruin your life. An experienced Riverside criminal defense lawyer understands that even police make mistakes—and will work tirelessly to get you off the hook.
- Drug crimes: Drug crimes in Riverside can range from simple drug possession charges to something as complex as drug paraphernalia and drug trafficking. Our defense attorneys will fight to make it more difficult, if not impossible, for the state to prove their case against you.
- Sex crimes: Nothing tarnishes your reputation in Riverside quite as fast as being accused of a sex crime. We help clients accused of rape, child pornography, statutory rape, child molestation, and even sexual assault.
- Theft crimes: Theft-related charges can put your credibility in real jeopardy. Whether it’s something as minor as shoplifting or something as major as grand theft, our Riverside criminal defense attorneys take these allegations seriously and will fight to keep your record clean.
- Domestic violence: We know that allegations of domestic violence have the potential to ruin families and tear apart homes. Let us fight to protect your image, priorities, and freedom during these emotionally charged moments.
- Felony: Time is of the essence when facing a felony charge. The sooner you get in touch with a proven Riverside criminal defense attorney, the higher your chances of walking away with your reputation, criminal record, and dignity intact.
If you’ve been arrested on allegations of committing a crime in Riverside, CA, contact Seyb Law for experienced legal representation—your future could depend upon it. Fill out our free case evaluation form or call us at (714) 594-5382 to see how we can assist you during this difficult time. We look forward to hearing from you to discuss your criminal defense needs.