Getting charged with a criminal offense is one of the most daunting, emotional, and disruptive things that can happen to an individual. Your life can turn upside down in an instant. Beyond the fines, you can lose your career, your right to vote, your freedom, and many other things that you hold close to your heart. Hiring a highly experienced Tustin criminal defense lawyer can ensure your future and your freedoms are protected.
In Orange County, the stakes for a criminal charge are higher than anywhere else in the country because of the “Three Strikes” sentencing law. That’s why it’s important to get in touch with a Tustin criminal lawyer the very moment you’re arrested for a crime. Don’t wait a minute longer. Time is of the essence!
We understand just how humiliating, scary, and worrying it can be to be separated from those you love. But we also know that hard times require hope and help, and we provide both in abundance. Our experienced Tustin criminal lawyers are here to help you through the whole process, hold your hand as you make crucial decisions, and, more importantly, fight for you until the end of your case. We don’t bluff, lag behind, or under-deliver. We come through for you when it matters the most. Winning tough criminal cases is what we do best!
Why Hire Seyb Law Group?
- We are all about quality, not quantity. Trust us to handle every aspect of your criminal case personally.
- We have a reputation for passionate and committed legal representation
- Our Tustin criminal attorneys have more than 60 years of combined criminal defense experience.
- Our legal team stands committed to your particular situation and works tirelessly to protect your interests at every level.
- Our track record speaks for itself. We have won several hundred cases, reversed wrongful convictions, and obtained dismissals throughout Tustin and the larger Orange County.
- We take it upon ourselves to provide you with honest and progressive communication at every stage of your case.
- Whether you’ve been arrested for DUI, domestic violence, drugs/possession, felonies, theft, sex crime, weapon charge, or immigration, we’re your best bet to freedom. No criminal case is too big or too small for us.
Tustin/Orange County Criminal Penalties Can Be Harsh, Depending On The Crime
The pursuit of justice in Orange County is not a walk in the park. The system itself is unfair, rigid, and often uncompromising. If you are charged with a crime, the penalties can be cruel, depending on the type and severity of the offense. Other factors come into play too when penalties are being imposed, including whether you have a criminal history. Even if you’ve been charged with a single crime, your choice of a Tustin criminal lawyer is critical. By finding an experienced law firm like Seyb Law, you can rest easy knowing that your rights won’t be dragged in the mud.
Under California law, there are three distinct groups of criminal offenses:
- Infraction: This is the least serious offense and is not punishable by jail time. You can get off the hook by simply paying a fine. Most infractions are for violations of traffic laws, administrative regulations, and municipal codes. Common infractions include noise violations, failing to keep your pet on a leash, and getting a speeding ticket.
- Misdemeanor: A misdemeanor is more serious than a fraction but less serious than a felony. These criminal offenses are often punishable by a fine not exceeding $1000-$2000 and/or one year imprisonment in county jail. Public intoxication, trespassing, and petty theft are examples of crimes that are typically classed as misdemeanors.
- Felonies: This is the most serious type of crime in Tustin, and as such, carries the heaviest punishment. If you’re convicted of a felony, especially a serious one like murder, you might be sentenced to significant jail time or even death. However, some felonies result in probation. Examples of felonies include kidnapping, burglary, rape, robbery, terrorism, arson, and treason. Due to the sheer nature of felonies, they mostly end up becoming a permanent part of your criminal record.
In addition to state prison or county jail sentence, many Tustin criminal convictions can massively affect your life: your ability to secure employment, buy a firearm, vote, drive, earn a professional license, or worse still, jeopardize your immigration status.
The state of California has another criminal law on its shelves. It is referred to as the “Three Strikes” Law. Codified in Section 667, this sentencing scheme gives a prison sentence of 25 years to life if the defendant:
- Has been convicted of three serious or violent felonies
- Has two or more previous convictions in federal or state courts, at least one of which is a serious or violent felony (the other offense might be drug-related).
Three Strikes Law also doubles the prison sentence for “second strikers,” which refers to those offenders that have one previous serious or violent conviction on their record.
Here’s a quick example. Let’s say Steve has two prior convictions for burglary (note that this is a serious felony). Fifteen years later, he’s charged with rape, another severe felony. Typically, the maximum prison sentence for Tustin rape is only eight years. But Steve is a “third striker.” So he faces a compulsory sentence of 25 years to life.
Hiring a Tustin Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Take Away Some of the Stress
We are familiar with the extreme financial, emotional, and psychological stress that results from being investigated, arrested, or charged for a crime. Not only do such charges ruin your finances, personal freedom, and reputation—they also put a dent in your overall quality of life. You don’t have to go through these potential life-altering uncertainties alone.
At Seyb Law, we can help take away some of the stress. We utilize superb negotiation skills and unique courtroom strategies to ensure you and your loved ones are protected from the unfair Orange County judicial system. Don’t go to battle alone. Align yourself with the best criminal defense lawyers in Tustin, CA—Attorneys Spenser Seyb, Allan Spears, and Nathan Gjesdal. They’re as good as they come, so you rest assured that they’ll bring their A-game to every aspect of your criminal case. Whether you’re facing charges related to DUI/DWI offense, domestic violence, drug crimes, or anything in between, our legal team will fight tooth and nail to ensure your charges are reduced or dropped entirely.
Defendants With Hired Counsel Have Better Outcomes
Under the current Orange County judicial system, poor defendants are either represented by a public defender or “assigned counsel”—a licensed private lawyer designated by the courts to handle particular cases. The whole idea behind such a system is to attain fair and just outcomes no matter the financial standing of defendants, but the reality on the ground is quite different. Attorneys have varying degrees of competence, the caseloads are often huge, and resources are typically scarce. As further shown by a 2014 paper in the American Law and Economics Review, defendants are better off with hired counsel than assigned counsel. Read more here.
Can you imagine spending time behind bars for a crime you didn’t commit? Or because the “assigned counsel” failed to follow through on important details of your case? You can avoid all this by hiring an affordable Tustin defense lawyer to represent your best interests. Beyond the money-saving benefits, experienced criminal defense attorneys:
- Understand the ins and outs Orange County criminal justice system
- Can build a strong defense strategy
- Can speed up the process
- Bring with them a whole team of seasoned legal experts that can help track down witnesses, gather evidence, prepare documents, and more.
Why take a gamble on your life and those you love by opting for an assigned counsel or a public defender? Hire an experienced Tustin defense attorney today and say goodbye to wrongful convictions, lengthy trials, and inadequately prepared cases.
Dedicated To Fighting & Winning Criminal Cases
At Seyb law, we take a comprehensive, unrelenting approach to criminal defense. We have a proven track record of taking on tough cases and winning them. Our Tustin criminal lawyers have spent years in Tustin’s corridors of justice fighting for the rights of the accused, providing them with invaluable experience in these and more criminal law areas:
- Assault Crimes: Assault in California criminal law is regarded as a violent crime. If you’re facing criminal charges for assault, hiring an experienced legal representation can make a real difference in the outcome of your case.
- Felony: If you’ve been accused of felony crimes like rape, murder, rape, robbery, among others, it’s important to get in touch with a high-caliber defense attorney right away.
- Theft Crimes: Tustin theft crimes like embezzlement, petty theft, and grand theft have serious ramifications. Without a skilled Tustin defense attorney by your side, you might be forced to pay a heavy fine or end up in jail for six months.
- Driving Under Influence: DUI is one of the most common criminal charges in Tustin, CA, and it carries considerable penalties too. Even a first DUI conviction can land you in hot soup. You might be put on information probation for three years, incur costly fines and fees, or even be sentenced to a couple of months in the county jail.
- Sex Crimes: Sex crimes are one of the most heavily prosecuted crimes in Orange County and beyond, and people accused of committing such offenses always endure severe backlash and tattered reputations, even when they’re yet to be declared guilty. If you find yourself in this situation, it’s in your best interest to hire an experienced Tustin defense attorney as soon as possible.
Are you charged with a crime? You deserve the best Tustin criminal defense lawyer, someone that puts your interest before their own. The Tustin defense lawyers at Seyb Law Group believe that everyone deserves dedicated and skill representation and have dedicated their careers for just that. Feel free to call us at (714) 695-5917 or contact us for a free case evaluation.